DM_OBJ_MGR_E_VERSION_MISMATCH when installing DAR

Recently, I had to script DAR installation for a bunch of DAR files as a part of an upgrade effort. The target repository version was 6.7 SP1. During DAR installation, I ran into the DM_OBJ_MGR_E_VERSION_MISMATCH error quite frequently. The message for this error looks like:

MSG: [DM_OBJ_MGR_E_VERSION_MISMATCH]error: “save of object xxxxxxx of type yyyyyy failed because of version mismatch: old version was zzz”;

When this error occurred, I got the same error even with dardeployer. I tried forcing full data dictionary publish and cache cleanup, but the error won’t go away. Eventually, I found a fruitful way to make the error go away consistently.

Each time the error occurred, bouncing the content server service for the repository got rid of the error.

Advertisements